Sunday, May 29, 2011

So for those of you that have not heard, we are expecting again. The due date is October 3, 2011! My last doctor appointment we were able to see what we are going to have, and we took Colton along because he has been really excited about the whole thing. Well, anyway to get right on down to it, the doctor took a look at the ultrasound and said we are going to have a girl. Colton immediately responded back to her, "no it's a little brother!" She assured him that it was a little sister, and he gave her the same response. I think he was in denial a bit, but after a minute of telling him how great a little sister would be, he was excited again and quickly began making plans of the things he was going to teach her, and what we would need to get for her (specifically her own teddy bear).
I am so happy to have another little one on the way, and it is hard to believe that is has been 3 and a half years since Colton was a newborn. He is growing big everyday. Everyday he amazes me with the things that he says and does. I wish I could remember more, but here are a few things he has done that stand out in my mind.

I was putting him to bed last week, and I sang him a song. When I was done, he looks at me and said, Mommy, wen you grow up, you should be a singer."

We took him to get pictures at Kiddie Kandids last week, and he did great. He posed just as the photographer wanted, but at the end he started doing his own thing, really hamming it up and being silly. Then when we were looking at the proofs, he went off to play in the little play area. Robert looked back to check on him, and thank goodness he did because at that very moment, he was naked from the waste down, his shorts and undies right there amongst the toys, and he was making a run for the potty! Pretty crazy!

He likes to play pretend a lot. Anything from being stuck is a spiders web, to being a conductor on a train, and everything in between. The other day he was pretending to be a bus. When he came to my pickup spot, I hopped behind him and said, "Hi bus driver, will you take me to school?" Without any hesitation he turned around and set me straight. "Actually I am a city bus. I will take you to the city so yo can watch a movie." And he did!

Last night he was upset with me because I told him it was time for bed. Of course he was disappointed, and started rambling off a bunch of gibberish (really, he has his own language sometimes) with a few actual phrases in between. Well one of those phrases he said, "I wish I could love you, but I am so mad at you." I tried not to laugh at him, but it was pretty funny.

Yep, he is my little man. My world, and my blogs, revolve around him. I love him so much and am so glad that I am his mommy!

No comments: